- Know the risks
Earthquake | Tsunami | Wildlife | Avalanche | Lightning | Other natural disasters | Technology and industrial accidents | Pandemics
- Get prepared
At home | At school | At work | In your car | Preparing your business | Workshops, events, presentations | Sign up for emergency notifications
- During an emergency
Communication during emergencies | Evacuating your home | Sheltering in place | Disaster response routes | Real-time emergency updates | The emergency operations centre (EOC)
- After an emergency
What to do after an emergency | After a flood | After an earthquake
- Volunteer to help
Volunteer roles and responsibilities | Apply to volunteer
Emergency preparedness at school
Quick tips for managing school emergencies
- Know your school’s emergency plan
- Complete annual student release forms and return to school
- In the event of an emergency or disaster, deal with health and on site emergencies prior to picking students up from school
- Educate, plan, and prepare your family, to increase their resiliency in the event of a disaster
Some questions to ask your children's school about their emergency plans
- How will they communicate with families during a crisis?
- Do they store adequate food, water, and other basic emergency supplies?
- Are they prepared to shelter-in-place if need be, and where do they plan to go if they must get away?
Take a closer look
Contact your school to learn more about their emergency plans.