Apply to volunteer
Are you interested in applying for a volunteer team? You are welcome to apply if you:
- are 19 years of age or older
- are in good health
- have a current valid BC Driver's Licence
- have access to a vehicle
- have an active email account and cell phone
Volunteer placement in the different programs is based on our volunteer needs and your motivations, abilities, and interests.
- Attend our two emergency preparedness workshops
- Create your own Grab-and-Go Bag
- Complete the North Shore Emergency Management Office Volunteer Application Form
- We will call you to set up an interview.
- Bring your Grab-and-Go Bag to the interview.
- If accepted as a potential volunteer, you will need a criminal record check. (We cover the cost).
- Once we have received your criminal record check, we will make a final decision on your application.
- If accepted, we will send you a confirmation letter outlining the terms of your probationary period.
- If not accepted, we will send a letter advising you of this.